AVP, Technology, Outsourcing and Commercial Attorney
Consultant Aleea Cherry
JobRef 212850/0012019-04-18 2019-06-01 legal permanent US New York New York USD 150000 220000 220000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This role is at a leading transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in their two home markets of the UK and the US. You will be the AVP Technology, Outsourcing and Commercial Attorney, supporting all of the companies’ US-based business units and functions in connection with the acquisition of all technology, outsourcing and professional services, and advising on:
- corporate M&A and lending transactions, involving intellectual property and information technology on behalf of corporations, private equity sponsors, borrowers and lenders, including IP and IT due diligence and the negotiation of IP and IT representations and warranties in connection with these transactions.
- Ability to draft and negotiate patent, trademark, software and technology licensing and cross-licensing agreements.
- Knowledge of transitional servicing arrangements, supply and distribution agreements, and technology-related joint ventures/strategic alliances.
- Familiarity with outsourcing arrangements (whether SaaS or otherwise) and some data privacy issues.
- J.D. from a top-tier law school
- New York Bar admission in good standing
- 6+ years experience in this area
- Ability to manage and prioritize a large workload
- Knowledge of the relevant industries and industry norms, practices and trends
- Excellent written (including drafting) and oral communication skills
- Confidence and poise when working closely with stakeholders
You will be an effective negotiator with a good sense for practical business solutions to problems. You must exhibit a strong track record negotiating complex, strategic transactions and show a keen understanding and interest in Technology, Outsourcing and Commercial law
If you are a driven determined Attorney with the ability to execute in a complex matrixed environment and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me Aleea Cherry on 212 704 9900.