Prime Services Attorney
Consultant Aleea Cherry
JobRef 113952/0012019-04-18 2019-06-08 legal permanent US New York New York USD 255000 275000 275000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
As the VP, Prime Services and Cleared Derivatives Attorney will be a part of the Prime Legal team in the Americas, providing legal support to businesses involved in Prime Brokerage, Equities and Fixed Income Financing, Futures and Cleared Derivatives. You will be expected to work closely with the Bank's document negotiation personnel and assist with the negotiation of prime brokerage (including committed lending and global netting structures), secured financing, futures and cleared derivatives products. Yu will also be responsible for advising the relevant businesses on regulatory developments and legal issues arising within the coverage area and will assist the businesses in managing legal and reputational risks of the firm’s transactions and activities in the relevant coverage area.
What will you be doing?
- Together with other members of the Prime Legal team, you will work closely with senior business personnel and other related stakeholders (Legal, Compliance, Financial Resource Management, Finance, Risk, Operations, etc.) to manage the legal advisory needs of the growing Prime Services business, the execution of related regulatory change initiatives, product build-outs and the legal issues relating to them.
- You will lead the negotiation of key legal agreements in the relevant coverage areas through interaction with counterparties and business personnel at other financial institutions, as well as the management of outside counsel relationships.
- You will also engage in regular discussions with risk management, product structuring, Sales and Trading teams covering the products to ensure that transaction execution and Legal risk management are being conducted in accordance with commercial objectives of the business.
- You will also be responsible for staying abreast of various regulatory developments affecting the securities and derivatives businesses within the bank, including SEC and CFTC rulemaking under the Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, MiFID II and EMIR in Europe and other relevant regulatory initiatives.
What we’re looking for:
- JD degree or foreign equivalent and be admitted to the bar in New York.
- 4+ years practicing attorney including experience working with OTC equity derivative products at an investment bank, experience at a top tier law firm, and working knowledge of US securities laws, broker-dealer regulation and ISDA documentation conventions (including working knowledge of the 2002 ISDA Equity Derivative Definitions).