Institutional Asset Management Counsel
Location New York, NY, USA
Consultant Liam Steele
JobRef 115102/0012019-06-18 2019-07-19 legal permanent US New York City New York USD 200000 400000 400000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Senior Counsel opportunity Institutional Asset Management Counsel - Investment Management Business - New York City Competitive total comp opportunity - Base + bonus
I am working with a highly established Investment Management business in New York City. The organization have grown exponentially in the last 10 years and currently have $116 billion AUM.
They are seeking an Institutional Asset Management counsel to support the legal function and work very closely alongside the global GC.
- Render legal advice to portfolio managers, product specialists, traders, operations specialists and other investment professionals to provide legal advice
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a diverse range of agreements, including investment management agreements
- Provide support for $9 billion private funds business, including drafting offering memoranda and related documents
- Review marketing materials, RFPs and client facing communications
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 6 year's experience in private practice or in-house position (or some portion in applicable regulatory agency, e.g., SEC) is preferred
- Demonstrated business affinity and communication skills
- Strong understanding of financial instruments a plus
- Detail oriented with ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA)
- State bar certification in New York
If this role could be of interest and you would like more information, please don't hesitate to get in touch for an informal conversation.