Location New York, NY, USA
Consultant Vanessa Toro-Plaza
JobRef 117712/0012019-07-25 2019-09-23 legal permanent US New York New York USD 145000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An Aviation Finance Firm (In-House) is looking to fill a Corporate Counsel position in Purchase, NY. Responsibilities in this position include overseeing various transnational matters, contract negotiation, compliance matters and other general corporate matters. This is a highly visible position with the opportunity to contribute directly to the success of the company.Major Job Accountabilities:
- Serve as a trusted business advisor and p rovide advice on a broad range of strategic, legal and business matters.
- Represent the company in complex commercial transactions with key customers, partners and suppliers.
- Negotiate and draft corporate agreements including purchase and sale contracts, leases, term sheets, maintenance agreements, NDAs, vendor agreements and IT agreements.
- Support the company’s compliance program, including managing employee training, assisting the business with compliance questions and monitoring developments in law.
- Provide support for corporate governance and board reporting matters.
- Oversee other general corporate law functions, including intellectual property portfolio management, real estate matters and international branch office matters.
- Coordinate with outside counsel in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Participate in various Legal Department projects and initiatives including with respect to contracting process, policies and standards.
- JD from accredited law school
- At least 3 years of relevant experience at a law firm or corporate legal department.
- An interest in working in a legal department where everyone is passionate about the business.
- Ability to work independently in a high growth, dynamic and fast paced business environment.
- Strong business judgment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, lead and manage multiple projects.
- Good standing membership in NY bar