Salary $80,000 - $100,000 per year
Location San Francisco, CA, USA
Consultant Jessica Taylor
JobRef 122482/0012019-09-10 2019-11-09 financial-services permanent US San Francisco California 94111 94111 USD 80000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
$30b Global Asset Manager seeking paralegal to join their legal and compliance team headquartered in San Francisco.
• Manage the workflows and documents relating to formation, maintenance, and liquidation of U.S. and foreign legal entities (LLCs, partnerships, corporations, etc.) for use in investment structures.
• Liaise with third-party corporate service providers and law firms to coordinate workflow on various deals across multiple jurisdictions.
• Maintain, update and navigate firm’s internal, proprietary database, registering legal entity and investment data; as well as updating related reference materials.
• Prepare "know your client" and anti-money laundering responses with respect to investment funds and investment structures for deal counterparties and banks.
• Assist tax team and transactional attorneys in preparing tax forms and registering legal entities with international tax compliance regimes, such as FATCA and CRS.
• Act as departmental point person on firm-wide administrative and technical trouble-shooting related projects.
• Assist with signature execution and processing of agreements and other documentation.
• Document and knowledge management.
• Assist in house attorneys on amending and maintaining fund documents, formulating and drafting complex PowerPoint charts and research and drafting projects as needed.
• Undergraduate degree.
• At least 1 year of similar experience in the legal field.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Keen attention to detail, and strong time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced yet collaborative, international environment.
• Interest in or familiarity with the alternative asset management industry.
• Strong PowerPoint skills helpful; deep knowledge of Excel required.
• Licensed notary a plus.