Corporate Counsel: Transactions
Location New York
Consultant Hayley Quirk
Date posted November 2, 2016
This Corporate Counsel: Transactions position reports to the General Counsel. This position requires a corporate and transactional attorney who will provide support for various transactional and other corporate matters to provide legal advice and support to various departments within the company.
Our client is an industry leader in the aviation space.
- Support a wide range of corporate transactions including key customer transactions, joint ventures and other strategic business development projects including negotiating and drafting documentation and interfacing with various department achieve business goals;
- Provide legal and transactional support for aircraft acquisitions including negotiating, reviewing and drafting purchase agreements and related ancillary documentation;
- Provide legal and transaction support for complex aircraft, engine and other financing and re-financing transactions;
- Provide legal guidance and advice regarding financing covenants, commitments and other obligations;
- Assist on a wide-range of aircraft leasing transactions;
- Prepare and review corporate contracts and other agreements relevant to global airline operations, including NDAs, charter agreements, maintenance agreements, aircraft conversion agreements, aircraft and other equipment leasing agreements, supply agreements, and other vendor contracts; and
- Prepare board resolutions for corporate transactions and support corporate housekeeping functions such as maintenance of desired global corporate enterprise structure.
- Juris doctor degree at accredited law school;
- Minimum of three years of substantive experience in the corporate/transactional practice of a law firm or in-house legal department;
- Corporate finance, aircraft leasing and/or complex joint venture experience preferred; and
- New York bar admission
If you are a team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work independently this position is for you!