Location San Francisco
Consultant Hayley Quirk
Date posted April 5, 2017
Our Client is a leading player in commercial aircraft leasing, financing and management providing over 200 airline customers in more than 50 countries with fleet and financing solutions over its 20+ year history. They are looking for a strong paralegal to support the business by managing transaction closings and providing support to the company’s team of in-house attorneys through a variety of activities, including drafting documents, arranging for document execution, opening bank accounts and reviewing and organizing transaction documentation. In addition, the paralegal will support the company’s legal department with respect to corporate maintenance and record-keeping.
- Provide assistance to in-house attorneys, including but not limited to preparation of letters of intent, agreements, amendments, contracts, leases and other legal documents.
- Assist in-house attorneys in planning, coordinating and executing transaction closings.
- Coordinate information from various departments and outside parties for use in transactions.
- Collection and distribution of closing documents.
- Formation, dissolution and reorganization of domestic and foreign special purpose entities.
- Assist with “know your customers” compliance and inquiries.
- Create, organize and maintain corporate minute books.
- Corporate compliance and governance matters.
- Draft, edit and arrange execution of resolutions, by-laws, shareholder and board minutes and other documents, correspondence, powers of attorney and other legal documents and instruments.
- Liaise with outside law firms in connection with the foregoing.
- Review legal invoices.
- Completion of other job-related duties as assigned and/or necessary.
Capabilites (Knowledge/Skills/Attributes) Required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Position will interact with employees throughout the organization.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload involving multiple tasks, responsibilities and deadlines with follow-through and minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic, self-starter with strong initiative. Ability to operate with a high level of independence.
- The candidate for this position must be able to move among various tasks, address responsibilities in a "hands on" detail-oriented manner. It is important that the candidate be a self-starter with above average initiative.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure are essential.
- Flexibility in work responsibilities and hours, with a willingness to pick up new and varied job responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Notary certification is a plus.
Required Work Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of aviation experience as a corporate paralegal in a law firm and/or in-house legal department.
Skill and comfort in working in an automated environment