Sr. Legal Counsel- Music & Content Licensing
Location Santa Monica
Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted May 16, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A Senior Counsel role for an Attorney in Music and Content Licensing role has become available at an exciting a tech company underpinned by AI and mobile Internet, at their offices in Santa Monica, CA. Its flagship app is one of the fastest growing mobile products in China, initiated personalized information flow, thereby creating anew way to connect people with information through massive information gathering, in-depth data mining and user behavior analysis. With impetus from robust technology and continuous innovation in the team, the Company’s products keep a leading position in all areas involved and are still growing rapidly. This role offers outstanding experience and career progression for a leading Attorney who is a true expert in the Music and Content Licensing field.
The Company is seeking an experienced music and content licensing lawyer with an aptitude for technology to join our growing music licensing team. This position will work closely with internal business teams to support the negotiations with record label companies, music publishers and other partners across the music and content licensing industry. The role will focus on North America, as part of a global strategy, and is preferred to based in LA.
- Support the Company’s business development team in executing their music licensing strategy across labels, publishers, and PROs;
- Draft and review the partnership agreements with music and content stakeholders;
- Direct and manage outside counsels;
- Coordinate with product and engineering teams in connection with product
development related to licensing; and
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team to ensure business needs are met
Qualifications & Experience
- JD with admission to at least one state bar;
- 5+ years of relevant music licensing experience, including hands-on experience
negotiating deals with music labels, publishers, and PROs in the digital space;
- Communication skills, proactive, collaborative, flexible;
- Commercial awareness and ability thrive in a fast-paced environment
- In-house experience, working with digital music distribution platforms, online services, apps, and innovative technologies is preferred
The Senior Music and Content Licensing Counsel will not only provide legal advice and support but also contribute to the global business strategy of the Company as a whole.
You will be an effective negotiator with a good sense for practical business solutions to problems. You must exhibit a strong track record negotiating complex, strategic transactions and show a keen understanding and interest in music and content licensing issues, particularly as it relates to digital media.
This exciting new start up firm will provide the successful candidate the chance to grow with an already growing company that is valued at $20 billion, so the potential for growth is extremely high, where you could be at the forefront of the strategic team for growth.
If you are a driven determined Attorney with the ability to execute in a complex matrixed environment and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me Aleea Cherry on 212 704 9900 or alternatively email a copy of your resume direct to firstname.lastname@example.org.