Chief Privacy Counsel
Salary $150000 - $300000 per year
Location Santa Monica
Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted July 12, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A Chief Privacy Counsel position has become available at an exciting a Start Up Media Tech company, underpinned by AI and mobile Internet, at their offices in Santa Monica, CA. This company, worth $20 billion, has a flagship app, which is one of the fastest growing mobile products in China, with initiated personalized information flow, thereby creating a new way to connect people with information through massive information gathering, in-depth data mining and user behaviour analysis. This role offers outstanding experience and career progression for a leading Attorney who is a true expert in Data Privacy field.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
The Chief Privacy Counsel will provide business and legal advice on data privacy and technology related transactions where you will not only provide legal advice and support but also contribute to the global business strategy of the Global Company as a whole.
- Enable the development and execution of data-driven business initiatives while ensuring compliance with data privacy and information security laws.
- Guide cross-functional stakeholders to ensure that privacy and data protection risk is managed effectively, including in the Artificial intelligence (AI) and secondary use of data and real world data
- Management of data incidents and support of data breach response readiness
- Vendor contract strategy, including review and negotiation of privacy and security terms
- Update and develop new privacy-related policies, procedures, and guidance documents as needed
- Conduct factual investigations and risk assessments of how the company obtains, uses, stores and shares personal information across data lifecycle.
- Educate business clients through targeted counseling, training and awareness programs.
- Develop privacy council within the organization to discuss privacy compliance as well as initiate discussions around ethical data use.
- Work with product managers and other stakeholders to develop and drive consensus around creative solutions to privacy-by-design challenges.
- Facilitate discussion and coordination among product managers and privacy stakeholders across the company.
- Communicate privacy decisions to the broader cross-functional team, and ensure that those decisions are properly implemented.
- JD from accredited law school, demonstrated academic achievement, and current bar membership in good standing
- 5+ years of work experience on privacy or technology law, policy, programs, or other related field
- A knowledge of information technology as it relates to privacy and data protection risks.
- Experience communicating to different types of audiences both internally and externally
- Keen interest in working at the intersection of law and technology - navigating privacy, data protection and corporate compliance while communicating with and creating processes for technical and product teams throughout the company.
- Experience with organizing, coordinating, multi-tasking, and process-improvements in a program.
- Interest in working in a collaborative, creative environment.
- High level of comfort with technology and information management tools.
- Commitment to compliance with laws, regulations principles, as well as teamwork.
You will be an effective negotiator with a good sense for practical business solutions to problems. You must exhibit a strong track record negotiating complex, strategic transactions and show a keen understanding and interest in data privacy and technology, particularly as it relates to digital media.
This exciting new start up firm will provide the successful candidate the chance to grow with an already growing company that is valued at $20 billion, so the potential for growth is extremely high, where you could be at the forefront of the strategic team for growth and innovation.
If you are a driven determined Attorney with the ability to execute in a complex matrixed environment and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me Aleea Cherry on 212 704 9900.