Commercial Contracts Attorney
Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted September 23, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A Commercial Contracts role has become available at a full-service travel management company based in its Manhattan office or one of its other East Coast locations. With access to a worldwide network of affiliates, the Company provides global travel management services for business and leisure travelers in the US markets.
The firm is seeking an exceptional individual to join its legal team to be responsible for the effective and efficient management of legal and contractual risks and provision of legal advisory services.
This position presents an opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment on challenging business matters in a collaborative team with deep Corporate and Commercial Contracts as well as industry knowledge.
- Draft, review and provide legal advice on contracts and other legal documents in Americas Region ("Americas");
- Review and provide legal advice on business or transaction schemes;Provide legal advice to the business in Americas;
- Negotiate or support sales people to negotiate with third parties from legal perspective;
- Liaise with relevant divisions to ensure appropriate action will be taken where legal risks are identified;
- Research, provide and interpret legal information including information on travel and tourism laws, consumer protection laws, data protection laws, privacy laws, and corporate laws, anti-trust laws, competition laws, anti-bribery laws, anti-discrimination laws in Americas;
- Administer intellectual property rights for the businesses in Americas;
- Manage personal data in Americas;
- Liaise with external lawyers and expand relationships with external lawyers;
- Review and provide advice on group policies;
- Localize group policies and review and provide advice on existing local policies applicable in Americas; and
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations.
Skills & Experience Required
Law degree (LLB/LLM/JD)
At least 5-year legal experience preferably as a member of in-house legal department preferably with experience in M&A and compliance as well as contract management
• Business trips within Americas
• Possibility of transfer to group headquarters (Tokyo) and/or other countries.
You will be an effective negotiator with a good sense for practical business solutions to problems. You must exhibit a strong track record negotiating complex, strategic transactions and show a keen understanding and interest in Corporate and Commercial Contracts.
This well-respected firm is recognized for its competitive benefits and unrivaled culture and work life balance. If you are a driven determined individual with the ability to execute in a complex matrixed environment and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me Aleea Cherry on 212 704 9900.