Chief Counsel- Cryptocurrency/Blockchain
Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted September 22, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A Chief Counsel role has become available at a leading Global Cryptocurrency exchange organization, utilizing revolutionary Blockchain and Cryptocurrency technology, based at its San Francisco, CA office. The firm is currently rapidly expanding their presence in the United States and this would be an exciting time for an Attorney to join a growing Start-Up company.
About the Chief Counsel Role:
The Company is looking for an entrepreneurial Chief Counsel to assist in everyday legal operations and help navigate the rapidly changing regulatory Blockchain and Cryptocurrency landscape. The Chief Counsel is responsible for managing the legal function for company, which includes providing legal counsel to management, reviewing/drafting/negotiating commercial agreements, and ensuring corporate ethics and compliance.
The Company is searching for a roll-up-your-sleeves lawyer who can work across broad practice areas, become a trusted advisor to the business, and help support the exponential growth of the business.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer this role offers outstanding experience and career progression for a leading Attorney who is a true expert in the rapidly changing world of the regulatory blockchain and cryptocurrency landscape.
Assess all corporate policies and procedures to identify potential risks and compliance shortfalls;
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of documents related to: token sales, regulatory
- filings, commercial agreements, and more;
- Provide strategic legal advice, counsel and work closely with outside law firms;
- Inform company of new or changing laws and regulations which may impact the business and/or industry;
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the business on legal issues;
- Work closely with company’s product and technology team, advising on the development of
- new products and services;
- Lead regulatory efforts and initiatives;
- Work closely with Compliance to design, develop and maintain processes and procedures;
- Manage, review and update legal agreements related to the Civic marketplace platform;
- Coordinate with COO to ensure that operations are utilizing best legal practices; and
- Manage all IP related filings in conjunction with outside counsel
- 5+ years minimum of strong corporate law experience legal experience required, including experience with advising regulated commodities and/or securities exchanges and/or Blockchain and Cryptocurrency exchanges and the regulatory issues impacting this new market . Strong familiarity with applicable laws, regulation, and marketplace operating norms is important;
- JD degree from top tier law school;
- California State Bar required;
- Law firm experience as well as operational, in-house experience advising on a wide variety of matters before market regulators is preferred, including implementation of operating rules changes or other material business changes, mandatory compliance reporting, and responding to inquiries;
- Passion for Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies and digital assets;
- You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment; and
- Management experience is preferred in order to assess risks faced by the business particularly during the rapid period of growth in a relatively new product market.
You must exhibit excellent judgment, analytical rigor, and business pragmatism as an Attorney as well as a business strategist. You must be able to provide practical and commercial legal advice to business executives in a fast-growth, regulated financial services firm with minimal supervision.
If you are a driven determined Attorney with the ability to execute in a complex matrixed environment and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today/send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me Aleea Cherry on 212 704 9900.