Salary $60000 - $65000 per year
Consultant Jessica Taylor
Date posted September 21, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
One of the world’s leading private multi-asset alternative investment firms with more than $95 billion AUM is looking for a Corporate Paralegal to join their legal department and will support the capital markets business unit.
Responsible for the following tasks:
- Manage Entity management – oversee formations, dissolutions, name changes and board meetings for various entities
- Draft operating/limited partnership agreements
- Manage KYC process – completion of forms, structure charts, DBOs, document collection and notarization and responding to follow up questions from counterparties
- Board meeting management - Schedule, prepare meeting materials, run meetings, prepare minutes and facilitate execution of same
- Order due diligence and or litigation searches and summarize results.
- Prepare incorporation/formation documents and coordinate with corporate filing agents
- Prepare board resolutions and consents
- Obtain EDGAR codes when necessary
- Review/Complete subscription materials for certain investment.
- Power of Attorney review, execution, notarization and apostilles
- May be requested to perform other duties not mentioned above
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top undergraduate program with a strong academic background. No JDs
- 1-3 years paralegal experience only.
- Strong analytical skills; comfort presenting and interpreting large amounts of data in Microsoft Excel
- Diplomatic interpersonal skills to interact with the more than 950 worldwide employees and with the key partners of our external law firms.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize multiple projects with high attention to detail; strong sense of ownership and follow-through skills.
- Self-starter with initiative and confidence to take responsibility for decisions on time-sensitive matters.
- Creative problem solving ability and sound judgment.
- Rock-solid discretion and capacity to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Prior experience with Maples eServices a plus.