Hedge Fund Attorney
Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted September 23, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A Hedge Fund Attorney role has become available at a growing multi-billion dollar Alternative Investment firm based in in Manhattan. Reporting to the CCO, this role offers outstanding experience and career progression for a leading Attorney who is a true expert in the field of equities and private funds.
About the Hedge Fund Attorney Role:
They are looking for a talented private funds attorney to become a key member of the firm’s legal team supporting their fund of hedge funds and systematic equities businesses.
- Structure, negotiate, and document investment transactions with underlying hedge funds (e.g., side letters and managed account agreements).
- Support the firm’s fund of funds, including updates to fund documents, service provider documentation, and managing fund governance relationships.
- Support the firm’s direct trading, systematic equities business with respect to various legal & regulatory matters.
- Negotiate and document side letters with investors.
- Negotiate and document arrangements with intermediaries (e.g. placement agents and capital introduction teams).
- Negotiate and document counter-party and borrowing relationships (e.g. prime brokerage documents, ISDAs, and credit facility documents).
- Support new business initiatives.
- Analyze new and existing laws and regulations.
- Review and draft disclosures for marketing materials.
- Assist with compliance policies and regulatory filings.
- Review and negotiate vendor agreements and NDAs.
- 2-6 years of experience as a private funds attorney at a top law firm and/or in-house experience at a hedge fund or other investment firm;
- Experience with negotiating and drafting complex agreements, fund formation;
- Regulatory issues relating to private funds and registered investment advisers;
- Collaborative team player mentality; and
- Strong record of academic achievement.
You will be an effective negotiator with a good sense for practical business solutions to problems. You must exhibit a strong track record negotiating complex, strategic transactions and show a keen understanding and interest in private funds and equities work.
This well respected Alternative Investment firm is a recognised for its highly competitive compensation, unrivalled collaborative culture and its benefits package. If you are a driven determined Funds Attorney with the ability to execute in a complex matrixed environment and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me on 212 704 9900.