Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted October 2, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A General Counsel role has become available at a private investment firm which focuses on companies across media, sports, entertainment and marketing, food and lifestyle and technology.
About the General Counsel Role:
The General Counsel will oversee the Companies legal function and among other roles, the GC will have senior responsibility for the structuring and execution of the firm’s investments and exits and will be integrally involved in the management of its portfolio companies.
The GC will report to the CEO and work out of the New York Office.
- Providing legal support for the business
- Drafting and negotiating term sheets
- Drafting of private placement memorandums
- Drafting of financing documents, including stock purchase agreements, investors' rights agreements, right of first refusal and co-sale agreements, and voting rights agreements
- Drafting of confidentiality, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
- Devising stock option plans
- Assisting investment tracking
- Assisting with due diligence management
- Drafting and reviewing compliance and supervisory procedures
- Provide legal support for special projects and cross-alternatives initiatives
- All other duties as necessary or assigned to provide high caliber line of business legal support
- Juris Doctor from accredited, top-tier law school
- 5+ years prior legal experience at a top law firm (additional in-house experience at a financial services institution or media/entertainment practice preferred)
- Relevant legal experience in fund investments, venture capital financing and M&A
- Candidates must possess an analytical mind, have a good understanding of relevant laws and regulations and be highly-motivated
- The ideal candidate must be able to work both independently as a legal representative within deal teams
- Experience with corporate governance issues, corporate secretarial duties and related issues in a variety of jurisdiction.
- Excellent advocacy, negotiation, interpersonal, organizational, legal research and verbal and written communication skills – ability to interact diplomatically and understand importance of business sensitivities and confidentiality
You will be an effective negotiator with a good sense for practical business solutions to problems. You must exhibit a strong track record negotiating complex, strategic transactions.
If you are a driven determined Attorney with the ability to execute in a complex matrixed environment and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me on 212 704 9900.