Structured Derivatives Confirmation Analyst
Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted October 5, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A Structured Derivatives Confirmation Analyst position has become available at a major Global Financial Institution, headquartered in Canada. This position is at Canada’s biggest bank and one of the largest in the world based on market capitalization, with specialties in finance, banking, investing, insurance, financial planning, wealth management, and capital markets at its offices based in Jersey City, NJ. The Role The firm is seeking an exceptional individual to assist in working within the legal team to protect the Banking group by providing regulatory guidance to support and/or influence the development of plans, strategies, policies, practices and procedures as appropriate or necessary, while reducing the risk, costs and penalties, both tangible and intangible, of non-compliance with the laws and regulations impacting the Banking groups many businesses. Reporting to the Manager of Equity Documentation the successful candidate will mitigate the legal, operational and economic risk associated with structured equity derivative transactions executed by RBC Capital Markets.
Draft and review ISDA confirmations covering structured equity derivative transactions and those of other asset classes, as necessary, and directly negotiate terms with counterparties;
- Ensure all confirmations are drafted, dispatched and executed in accordance with procedures, Standing Orders and regulatory guidelines (e.g. Dodd-Frank & EMIR), and industry "best practices";
- Partner with Front Office (Sales & Trading) at the termsheet generation stage to pre-negotiate confirmation templates with counterparties in order to mitigate post-trade confirmation negotiations and their associated risks;
- Chase and follow up on all outstanding (unsigned) confirmations directly with counterparties;
- Take on ad hoc projects related to cost reduction and efficiency enhancements.
- Minimum 1 year experience in capital markets operations;
- An understanding of market/counterparty/credit and operational risk;
- A good understanding of ISDA Derivatives Definitions (2002 Equity Derivatives and 2006 ISDA Definitions);
- Self-motivation, initiative, good attention to detail & high level of numeracy;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize, perform well under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Microsoft Excel (formulae and VBA);
- Familiarity with Infinity, Sophis, Actiflow and MarkitWire;
- Exposure to 2011 ISDA Equity Definitions and relevant ISDA Working Groups.
You will be an effective negotiator with a good sense for practical business solutions to problems. You must exhibit a strong track record negotiating complex, strategic transactions and show a keen understanding and interest in Structured Equity Derivatives Transactions and Regulatory compliance..
This well respected Global Financial Institution is a recognized for its competitive benefits and unrivaled culture and work life balance. If you are a driven determined individual with the ability to execute in a complex matrixed environment and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 212 704 9900.