Corporate Securities Counsel
Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted September 22, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Corporate Securities Counsel, reporting to the General Counsel, has arisen at a leading online and mobile food ordering App, at their offices based in Midtown Manhattan.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Playing a key role in drafting and advising on filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Companys annual and quarterly reports on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, current reports on Form 8-K and proxy statement.
- Actively advising on disclosure matters, including reviewing and commenting on press releases, securities analysts communications and presentations.
- Providing legal advice to ensure compliance with SEC and New York Stock Exchange requirements, as well as any applicable requirements under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Counseling the Treasury group on securities transactions, including debt offerings registered under the 33 Act, banking agreements, and other Treasury matters.
- Assisting in preparation of Section 16 and Rule 144 filings and advising executive officers, directors and controlling stockholder advisors with respect to the same.
- Providing support on matters relating to the board of directors and senior management, including with respect to the annual meeting of stockholders and corporate governance matters.
- Providing legal counsel on a diverse range of matters related to day-to-day operations of the Company, and supporting senior management and various departments, including finance, treasury and human resources.
- Assisting with coverage of general corporate and commercial matters, including reviewing contracts, as the need arises.
- Undergraduate and J.D. degrees from recognized institutions.
- Must be a member of the New York bar. Previous in-house experience is a plus.
- 7+ years of experience, principally in corporate and federal securities laws and requirements applicable to a public company, with sufficient experience to handle responsibilities with a minimum of supervision.
- Must have the ability to organize, plan, coordinate and implement large and ongoing projects and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be familiar with financial statements and accounting literature and comfortable discussing underlying financial statement concepts, including accounting and tax.
- Must have the ability to contribute to discussions of general business issues and understand and counsel clients in a manner consistent with the Companys goals and culture.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills and the flexibility and ability to work with fast-changing priorities. Excellent research skills also required.
- Must have good judgment, a high level of professional integrity and the discretion, tact, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
You will be an effective negotiator with a good sense for practical business solutions to problems. You must exhibit a strong track record negotiating complex, strategic transactions and show a keen understanding and interest in technology and privacy law.
If you are a driven determined Attorney with the ability to execute in a complex matrixed environment and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me Aleea Cherry on 212 704 9900.