Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted January 18, 20197 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A Senior IP Counsel position has become available at one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world. In North America, this company’s leading banners include Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH and Home Outfitters. The Senior IP Counsel will have primary responsibility for all IP matters so this this role offers outstanding experience for an Attorney who has expertise in the IP law field and keen to work in the highly competitive brand and retail space.
- Supporting other general trademark responsibilities including enforcement, trademark usage clearance requests, cease and desist responses, and other day-to-day counseling. Participate in the strategic development of system capabilities within advanced analytics and modeling, data mining and database marketing.
- Overseeing all copyright issues, music rights and clearance work along with other related issues, such as clearance on rights of privacy and publicity.
- Managing certain IP and other contentious IP matters.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements that are primarily IP driven, including but not limited to, international licensed store agreements, private label merchandising, co-branding, settlement and other IP related agreements.
- Managing the Company’s domain portfolios, including UDRP proceedings and domain name acquisitions.
- Developing tightly managed outside counsel strategy and ongoing oversight.
- 5+ years of experience in IP law. Previous experience in retail industry would be preferred but not required;
- Juris Doctor required;
- Must be a member in good standing of the bar.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Attorney wishing to pursue a stimulating career in the Retail industry with a focus on IP Law.
The successful candidate must have strong communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, coworkers, and colleagues. He/she must be able to present clear and practical legal advice; be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and be able to adapt quickly to changing priorities. He/she must have strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with attention to detail and thoroughness. He/she must be able to make reasoned decisions/ recommendations and provide sound legal advice while considering the operation and needs of the business operation. The successful candidate is a self-starter, a problem-solver and should be comfortable working in an ever changing environment
Apply today with your resume or call me Aleea Cherry on 212 704 9900.