Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted March 13, 20192019-03-13 2019-04-21 aerospace permanent US New York New York USD 150000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An In-house Corporate Counsel position has become available in New York. The Corporate Attorney will report to the Senior Corporate Counsel to assist with various transactional matters. The ideal candidate is a New York-licensed attorney with experience representing global companies in mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts and other general corporate transactional matters with a particular focus on aviation finance transactions.
Primary Job Requirements:
- Assist Senior Corporate Counsel with aircraft acquisition, finance and leasing transactions
- Prepare and review aircraft lease and financing documents
- Assist the Legal Department with a wide range of corporate transactions
- Prepare and review contracts relevant to global airline operations, including charter agreements, maintenance agreements and other vendor contracts
- Juris doctor degree from a top tier law school
- Preferred minimum of four years of meaningful, sustained experience in the corporate practice of an Am Law 100 law firm
- Experience in equipment finance and leasing transactions or in the aviation industry is strongly preferred but not required.
- Experience representing companies in all phases of M&A transactions and corporate finance preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic legal department
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- New York bar admission preferred or otherwise willing to timely pursue bar admission.