Legal and Compliance Manager
Location New York, NY, USA
Consultant Liam Steele
JobRef 121792/0012019-08-29 2019-10-28 transport-and-rail permanent US New York City New York USD 120000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Legal and Compliance Manager NYC Technology logistics company Reporting into the CPO This will be the first in-house attorney within the business
An established technology logistics company based in New York are seeking a Legal and Compliance Manager to join their G&A team. The successful incumbent will be the first in-house attorney within the business and reporting into the Chief Product officer, will be responsible for the overall company legal and compliance efforts.
The organization seek an established all rounder who can combine legal and business experience in helping achieve future strategies and company goals.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements with customers and suppliers, including shippers (customers), motor carriers (suppliers), strategic partnerships, transportation management software providers, and other agreements
- Manage all legal documents, identify potential legal risks, elaborate analysis of potential contractual and operational legal and compliance exposures, create and execute a plan to address and monitor them
- Draft, review and monitor employment and confidentiality agreements and legal status of all employee related matters
- Remain up-to-date on relevant transportation, IP, cyber-security, autonomous vehicle and data protection laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide excellent legal advice
- Create and execute an effective compliance program for our day-to-day operations of moving cargo, including providing employees with clear policies and procedures
- Support the management team on corporate matters, especially fund-raising (equity and debt), due diligence preparation and management, equity management, among others
- Research and provide legal advice in a variety of other matters (leases, NDAs), managing the organization's relationship with its external law firms, controlling and executing related legal budgets
- Minimum 4+ years experience in big law, and/or in-house roles. Top tier law firms, start-up, high growth or technology experience is preferred
- J.D from a top tier institution
- NY BAR certified
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise with key stakeholders throughout the business
Please feel free to get in touch for more information regarding this opportunity via email Liam.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212 704 9900.