Senior Product Counsel - Media & Technology
Location Los Angeles Metropolitan Area, CA, USA
Consultant Alice Thomson
JobRef 120802/0012019-09-11 2019-11-10 legal permanent US Los Angeles Metro Area California USD 200000 250000 250000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An in-house Product Counsel position specializing consumer-facing digital applications has become available at a global technology company specializing in social media/video content for mobile applications based in LA. The company has recently been recruiting executives from other world-leading tech giants as they grow out their US presence following billion dollar Wall Street funding. The company is still looking to increase their team with this position.
- Work with legal and product teams internationally to review global products, features, platforms and initiatives to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies for products from a US legal perspective
- Provide product and engineering teams with legal guidance across multiple subject areas including privacy, intellectual property, platform/publisher liability, consumer protection laws, data protection laws and regulations, etc.
- Coordinate with public policy, communications, and other cross-functional colleagues on external communication, policy development, and enforcement decisions
- 5+ years' working experience, past experiences should include product counseling at leading consumer-facing digital application, ideally including user-generated content
- Experience with working with international teams in various time zones in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong contacts in at least one of the 2 industries: media and tech
- Strong documentation, presentation, and communication skills, particularly implemented in a cross-functional and global role
- Fluency in mandarin (including reading and writing) is a plus