Aviation Finance Associate
Location New York
Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted May 30, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
An Aviation Finance Associate position has become available at a leading Law Firm in their Midtown Manhattan offices in New York City. Working as part of the Aviation group this is an excellent opportunity for an Attorney to join a fast paced and dynamic team working in Aviation Finance and Leasing. This role offers outstanding hands on client facing experience and career progression for a leading Attorney in the Aviation field. This top tier Aviation Law Firm is one of the few firms that has experience handling the full range of aviation transactional matters – including aircraft and non-aircraft financings, capital markets transactions, fleet purchases, M&A, in- and out-of-court restructurings and airport infrastructure development and financing. The firm has for many years been at the forefront of developing innovative structures in aircraft financings, and has assisted clients in accomplishing critically important aircraft fleet transactions.
- Support a wide range of corporate transactions including key customer transactions, joint ventures and other strategic business development projects including negotiating and drafting documentation and interfacing with various department achieve business goals;
- Provide legal and transactional support for aircraft acquisitions including negotiating, reviewing and drafting purchase agreements and related ancillary documentation;
- Provide legal and transaction support for complex aircraft, engine and other financing and re-financing transactions;
- Provide legal guidance and advice regarding financing covenants, commitments and other obligations;
- Assist on a wide-range of aircraft leasing transactions;
- Prepare and review corporate contracts and other agreements relevant to global airline operations, including NDAs, charter agreements, maintenance agreements, aircraft conversion agreements, aircraft and other equipment leasing agreements, supply agreements, and other vendor contracts; and
- Prepare board resolutions for corporate transactions and support corporate housekeeping functions such as maintenance of desired global corporate enterprise structure.
- Juris doctor degree at accredited law school;
- 3-8 years of substantive experience in the corporate/transactional practice of a law firm or in-house legal department;
- Corporate finance, aircraft leasing and/or complex joint venture experience preferred; and
- New York bar admission.
You will be an effective analytical Attorney with a good sense for practical solutions to problems. You must exhibit a strong track record in drafting and negotiating complex transactions and show a keen understanding and interest in Aviation Finance and Leasing issues and law/regulation.
This well respected Law Firm is a recognised for its collegial work environment and the opportunity for professional growth. 1-1 Partner Mentoring is a huge plus in his opportunity Associates access to a varied workload with an impressive client portfolio, competitive benefits, unrivalled work culture and work life balance. If you are a driven determined Attorney with the ability to perform in a competitive, supportive well resourced Law firm and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me Aleea Cherry on 212 704 9900.