Knowledge Management Attorney
Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted October 18, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A Knowledge Management (“KM”) Associate position has become available at an illustrious top 5 global law firm working out of its impressive offices in FiDi in Manhattan, New York. Working as part of the General Practice Group the KM Associate will support the Capital Markets and Finance & Restructuring Groups. The KM Associate, under supervision of Partners and Senior Associates, will implement the Firm’s legal Knowledge Management initiatives by identifying, capturing, organizing, sharing and transforming key knowledge, expertise, and intellectual assets related to the Firm’s Capital Markets and Finance and Restructuring practices. This is an excellent opportunity for an Attorney to join a fast paced and dynamic team in a non-billing capacity.
- Recommend legal guidelines, policies and procedures regarding the design and functionality of the Firm’s Capital Markets and Finance and Restructuring KM procedures and databases.
- Work closely with the other legal practice group leaders, attorneys, other KM associates, librarians and IS developers, to design effective KM systems that meet firm needs.
- Implement information gathering, organization, and dissemination of information for the KM databases.
- Provide methods for building practice group “intellectual capital” through legal reading, networking, and other educational opportunities.
- Provide educational and marketing communication with attorneys that publicize the KM resources available to them.
- Identify documents, contacts, and other resources for inclusion on the KM databases through contact with various sources, including lawyers, legal assistants, librarians and other internal sources.
- Provide accurate electronic versions of documents (and related content) by searching for and downloading them from document management systems or soliciting them from authors/secretaries, to keep the database as current, accurate and complete.
- Perform effective legal KM database searches, prepare written legal guides and tip sheets for their effective use, conduct individual or group training sessions on the KM databases, and locate information from the databases for lawyers. Research methods and effective communication with librarians to integrate external information resources with internal intellectual assets to ensure that the full range of information is readily available to lawyers.
- Liaise with the Professional Development Department and Practice Development heads to share information, exchange knowledge, and meet the information demands of a wide variety of end-users.
- Assist in development of forms, templates, and models of legal memoranda, contracts, agreements and other legal documents and development of processes to capture and categorize relevant precedents and other practice-specific knowledge in custom taxonomies.
- The ideal candidate will be a lawyer from a peer firm with superior academic credentials and at least 3-5 years of practice experience.
- 3-5 years of practice experience;
- Superior academic credentials;
- JD from an accredited law school
- Must be admitted to practice in the State of New York
You will be an effective analytical Attorney with a good sense for practical solutions to problems. You must exhibit a strong track record in drafting and negotiating complex transactions and show a keen understanding and interest in capturing, organizing, sharing and transforming key knowledge, expertise, and intellectual assets related to the Firm’s Capital Markets and Finance and Restructuring teams.
Apply today by sending your resume to email@example.com or call me Aleea Cherry on 212 704 9900.