E&I, Project and Asset Finance
Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted December 9, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
An opportunity for an Associate working in the field of Energy, Infrastructure, Project and Asset Finance has become available at a top tier global law firm working out of its impressive offices in Midtown Manhattan, New York. The preeminent global law firm in the field of Energy, Infrastructure, Project and Asset Finance has a worldwide reputation for helping sponsors and developers to achieve their most complex and ambitious project goals. They offer their clients an unrivalled depth and breadth of knowledge and experience, in jurisdictions across the globe and across all the major project development sectors. In joining this firm you will be working with leading practitioners within the Group, as well as with colleagues from the firm’s M&A, Capital Markets and Regulatory & Compliance practices, who contribute their sector-specific expertise to our multidisciplinary project teams.
As an Associate, you will undertake a range of logistics and communication tasks geared towards driving the process forwards and ensuring that all the parties involved are aware of—and happy with—the direction of travel. You will also handle a significant amount of contractual work, reviewing and drafting such documents as due diligence memoranda, security clearances, third party consent forms and closing condition agreements.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating purchase and sale, procurement, project development, construction, joint venture, supply and financing agreements;
- Counseling clients on joint ventures, private equity investments and strategic transactions for public and private companies in the energy industry;
- Managing deal teams and processes across practice areas and geographic locations;
- Solving legal problems relating to heavily-regulated industries;
- Managing and conducting due diligence;
- Conducting brief or more complex research, or drafting of memoranda, depending on client needs;
- Serving as primary point of contact for clients, opposing counsel and other transactional legal teams;
- Providing direct assistance to senior lawyers on matters arising in the course of day-to-day provision of legal services to leading international and domestic clients;
- Mentoring and training of junior team members and attendance at, and participation in, continuing education classes and client development initiatives
- 3-6 years of relevant law firm or in-house experience
- Bachelors degree, JD and New York Bar required
- Good understanding of the key risks and issues involved in cross-border transactions
The work can be demanding but is always rewarding—both in terms of the constant opportunities for learning and professional development, and the satisfaction of contributing to high-profile projects which have a lasting impact on people’s lives.
Apply today by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me Aleea Cherry on 212 704 9900.