Intellectual Property Associate- Litigation
Consultant Aleea Cherry
Date posted January 18, 20197 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
An Intellectual Property Associate position has become available in the US Litigation team at a leading boutique Intellectual Property firm based in in Mid-Town Manhattan. Working as part of the US Litigation team, this is an excellent opportunity for an Attorney to join a fast paced and dynamic Intellectual Property team focused on IP Litigation with a focus on Trademark and Copyright law. This role offers outstanding hands on client facing experience and career progression for a leading Attorney in the Intellectual Property field.
This Associate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of trademark and copyright issues, including trademark clearance, prosecution, and enforcement matters; opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board; copyright filings and URDP complaints.
The work will also include assisting with various types of intellectual property related agreements such as licenses and rights transfer agreements; handling digital content issues such as fair use; and providing litigation support on opposition and cancellation proceedings and federal court actions in the trademark, copyright and advertising fields, including handling discovery issues and drafting motions.
- 3-7 years of intellectual property experience, including reviewing trademark searches and drafting search opinions and preparing substantive USPTO office action responses - Strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail, - Excellent analytical and writing skills, and - Strong academic performance.
- Graduate from a top-tier law school;
- Solid Litigation experience, legal research, brief writing and discovery experience from a top law firm;
- Demonstrated passion and interest in trademark and/or copyright law;
- Excellent reasoning, research, writing, oral and interpersonal skills;
- Member of good standing of New York Bar;
- Trademark or Copyright litigation experience preferred; TTAB and/or UDRP experience a plus;
- Federal clerkship a plus; and
- New York bar admission preferred.
You will be an effective negotiator with a good sense for practical business solutions to problems. You must exhibit a strong track record negotiating complex, strategic transactions and show a keen understanding and interest in Intellectual Property Litigation, particularly as it relates to Trademark and Copyright Litigation.
This well respective award winning Intellectual Property Boutique Law Firm is a recognized for its competitive benefits, unrivalled culture and work life balance. If you are a driven determined Attorney with the ability to execute in a complex matrixed environment and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me Aleea Cherry on 212 704 9900.