Intellectual Property Associate
Consultant Vanessa Toro-Plaza
Date posted March 13, 20192019-03-13 2019-04-21 legal permanent US New York New York USD 150000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An Intellectual Property Associate position has become available in the US Litigation team at a leading boutique Intellectual Property firm based in in Mid-Town Manhattan. Working as part of the US Litigation team, this is an excellent opportunity for an Attorney to join a fast paced and dynamic Intellectual Property team focused on IP Litigation with a focus on Trademark and Copyright law. This role offers outstanding hands on client facing experience and career progression for a leading Attorney in the Intellectual Property field.
This Associate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of trademark, copyright and related unfair competition and advertising and marketing issues, including trademark clearance, prosecution, and enforcement matters; opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board; copyright filings; marketing and advertising clearance work, including social media disclosure issues; URDP complaints; website and mobile application policies; rights of publicity issues; and contest and promotions regulatory compliance. The work will also include assisting with various types of intellectual property related agreements such as licenses and rights transfer agreements; handling digital content issues such as fair use; and providing litigation support on opposition and cancellation proceedings and federal court actions in the trademark, copyright and advertising fields, including handling discovery issues and drafting motions.
- 3-7 years of intellectual property experience, including reviewing trademark searches and drafting search opinions and preparing substantive USPTO office action responses
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail,
- Excellent analytical and writing skills, and
- Strong academic performance.
- Graduate from a top-tier law school;
- Solid Litigation experience, legal research, brief writing and discovery experience from a top law firm;
- Demonstrated passion and interest in trademark and/or copyright law;
- Excellent reasoning, research, writing, oral and interpersonal skills;
- Member of good standing of New York Bar;
- Trademark or Copyright litigation experience preferred; TTAB and/or UDRP experience a plus;
- Federal clerkship a plus; and
- New York bar admission preferred.