Copywriter/Content Marketing Manager
Location San Francisco
Consultant Chrissy Cope
Date posted September 28, 2016
One of the most successful community-powered shopping apps from Japan is looking for a great writer with experience developing content and voice across the entire consumer lifecycle.
This company has received a huge round of funding in their Series D and are being called Japan’s 1st Unicorn. After doing extremely well overseas, they have been building a presence in the US and are showing very similar growth rates to Japan. Their innovative pure mobile peer-to-peer marketplace allows you to simply and easily buy and sell second hand items and they are already ranked in the Top shopping apps in the iTunes App Store.
This person will need to bring together a strategic sense of brand with the ability to immerse themselves in an end-to-end consumer journey and think about how copy and messaging bring the right voice to life across channels and touchpoints. The role reports to the VP of Marketing and will play a key role in owning and shaping this voice.
It’s an opportunity to work with apps, notifications, web, and email and collaborate on cutting edge products and technologies across those touchpoints. This person will work with marketing, product, and design teams to build out the experience of the marketplace app in the U.S. and fuel its continued growth.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with copy strategy and execution in web, app, and mobile channels
- Collaboration with UX and product teams in providing copy for buttons, help copy, and other in-products contexts, experience with usability and user testing.
- Experience with mobile apps, transactional emails, and notifications, has thought about customer lifecycle and drawing engagement at each stage.
- Has developed product and web content to support SEO.
- Has worked with marketing teams on web copy and promotional emails.
- Exhibit empathy for users and understanding of how to write effectively for a wide range of demos and touchpoints
- Display leadership and authority in representing the brand and voice across the organization - actively partner and collaborate with groups to ensure copy and tone consistency across all touchpoints
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, English or Communications
- 5+ years of copywriting/editorial experience in a consumer tech, startup, or marketing environment
- Top level portfolio/writing samples showing range, breadth, and depth of voice and tone
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience A/B and multivariate testing for copy a strong plus
- Extremely flexible and able to navigate the constantly changing world of a startup
- Very strong multi tasking and project management skills in a fast-paced environment
If you are interested in this position please apply directly here or email.