Salary Competitive Salary
Location San Mateo
Consultant Oliver Sexton
Date posted April 21, 2017
We are looking for a smart, dynamic, passionate and innovative Leader of Marketing. Someone who will own outbound marketing activities, such as developing and driving messaging that clearly articulates our client's value and market leading position. This role is highly visible, and cross-functional, requiring regular communication with product management, sales & the CEO. This role will be based out of the San Francisco office.
Responsibilities include product messaging and positioning, presenting at key industry events, developing sales and partner enablement toolkits, training sales and partners, creating website content, contributing articles, corporate blogs and other product-related outbound marketing activities.
- Developing and maintaining product positioning and messaging that is both compelling and differentiating in the market.
- Develop go-to-market strategy and marketing plans necessary to meet company revenue goals
- Plan and manage the on-going product launches
- Create marketing assets such as datasheets, feature briefs, whitepapers, video scripts, web tutorials, and other collateral and content
- Gathering market intelligence on our clients and prospects, how they buy and their buying criteria
- Being the expert on our client's competition and how to win against them
- Develop appropriate sales and partner training materials, collateral, pricing guides as needed
- Support PR and awareness activities including webinars, trade shows, direct marketing, collateral and customer case studies
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of product marketing experience, MBA a plus
- Experience working with product and sales teams in a B2B and/or technology marketing environment.
- The successful candidate will have 6+ years of related industry experience in product marketing.
- Creative thinker with the ability to come up with concise and compelling marketing messages and “out of the box” ideas
- Outstanding communication skills, including strong writing abilities and proven experience in making complex subject matter accessible to a broader audience.
- Experience marketing SaaS or cloud services and selling to Enterprise and mid sized companies
- Candidates must be team oriented and have a ‘can do’ attitude and be comfortable working in a fast paced, cross-functional team environment.