Product Development Snr Manager- Cosmetics
Salary $90000 - $100000 per year + Bonus
Consultant Adam Woolley
Date posted December 16, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A new position has just arisen with a disruptive New York based beauty company who are looking to simplify the way their customers buy and use makeup and beauty products on a daily basis. The experienced founders and close knit team work together to constantly innovate and bring quality new products to their dedicated customer base. With this growth they are now seeking a Senior Manager, Product & Packaging Development to play a turnkey role in this small team. Working with and reporting directly to the founding team you will lead vendor relationships (China & Europe) to ensure the design and supply of materials meet the needs of all current in market and forthcoming products. With multiple launches planned for 2019 this is a hugely strategic position needing an experienced professional capable of embracing the 'all hands in' approach. As the perfect candidate for this role you must have prior Cosmetics or Skincare experience and love the challenge of working in a lean, entrepreneurial environment. Ability to bring products to market, from concept to supply delivery, is a must and strong project management background is strongly preferred.
- Work closely with Founding team to manage and optimize all product development & packaging initiatives (incl. formula development, testing, packaging design, vendor management etc)
- Liaise with internal marketing and Operations team to ensure all timelines remain transparent and launches at executed seamlessly
- Develop strong vendor relationships to ensure continued delivery of on time projects
- Coordinate manufacturing activities with suppliers
- Optimize all existing and new procedures to drive cost saving measures
- Manage internal new product development sourcing & any third party vendor relationships
- Prepare reports and analyze outcomes to make strategic recommendations for future initiatives
- Contribute to development of the Operations infrastructure allowing for high growth and output
- Direct experience in Beauty or cosmetics industries essential. Please only apply if you have experience in this industry.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in vendor management, product and/or packaging development
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized with strong project management, process development and product development ability
- Experience managing overseas vendors (Specific experience in China & Europe preferred)
- Experience with ERP system (ideally SAP)
- Innovative thinker and approach to business with ability to identify growth opportunities
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to develop to manage + motive the team
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment, adaptable and comfortable working with a small team.
If you are interested in finding out more about this Operations Director role please apply today.