Senior Director of Marketing
Salary Competitive Salary
Location San Francisco
Consultant Chrissy Cope
Date posted April 8, 2017
We are working with a leading education start-up, and they are looking for an execution-oriented Senior Director of Marketing.
- Lead and build a diverse team of marketers, putting in place efficient processes to learn fast and deliver predictable revenue results.
- Lifecycle Marketing: delivering the right message at the right time to the right customer through the right channel (email, retargeting, push, on-site, mobile, etc.) in order to maximize RPU
- Integrated Marketing: putting together the promotional calendar and creating cross-channel campaigns
- Content Strategy & Merchandising → synthesizing data from the marketplace to move our course acquisition efforts, and understand our course catalog well-enough
- Pricing Strategy: developing a lively approach to pricing that scales internationally
- Brand Strategy: developing a cohesive brand voice that quickens the company's marketing efforts
- Own the company's current user revenue targets, driving value to and from students and teachers
- Work cross-functionally across our Product, User Acquisition, and Content Acquisition teams to drive strategic projects
- Work with our Discovery Product team to pinpoint and scope new search, browse and merchandising features to help the team more successfully promote our best courses.
- Formulate integrated marketing plans and creative cross-channel campaigns to bring consistency to day to day brand awareness and performance marketing initiatives.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) required, and MBA a plus.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in a marketing leadership role for a consumer products or ecommerce business.
- Proven track record of delivering revenue results, balancing a data-driven marketing approach with high standards & a sense of what it takes to deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Experience effectively executing integrated marketing campaigns at scale.
- Both analytical and creative. Knowledge of SQL a big plus.
- Structured thinker, able to use data to pinpoint actionable solutions from ambiguous situations.
- Experience in both setting the marketing strategy, and getting your hands dirty on execution.
- Excellent project management, planning, communication (written and verbal), and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage a world class team that moves fast
- Experience at a high growth stage company is a bonus