Director of Events
Location San Francisco
Consultant Oliver Sexton
Date posted April 20, 2017
A key client of ours is hiring a Director of Events to be responsible for crafting the events strategy, and then organizing, planning, and managing them. We’re looking for someone with the experience and track record to help accomplish two things: 1. Create engaging experiences for their community 2. Help them stand out and have a unique presence at Trade Shows and Industry events.
This is a great opportunity to join an experienced B2B marketing team. Being a data driven company, they use it’s own product to evaluate the ROI of their campaigns and this role specifically will work very closely with the Analytics and Business Engineering teams. This is an opportunity to join the “founding” marketing team & build the programs, the brand and the voice from the ground up.
HOW YOU’LL RAMP:
Here’s what your first 90 days will look like:
Within your first week...
- Spend time with the marketing team, get up to speed on current project and goals, familiarize yourself with the brand, and get to know the company audience.
By Day 30...
- You’ve built a comprehensive events schedule and plan for the next 6 months, both for tradeshow & industry hosted events.
- You kick off the planning their sponsorship of AWS re:Invent.
- You’ve worked with the in-house design team to create new assets for events, like a turnkey tradeshow booth.
- If the opportunity has presented itself, we’ve sponsored and/or had a presence at a 3rd party event.
- They’ve got a section reserved on their website for events, where folks can look at where they’ll be going, and can sign up accordingly.
- Executing an event is systemized to an extent at this point. You have the swag, assets, materials, and internal resources needed to quickly execute events.
WHAT YOU’VE ACCOMPLISHED SO FAR:
- You have at least 5 years of experience managing events. B2B experience preferred.
- You have experience running events for brands and sponsoring and managing brad presences at 3rd party events like trade shows.
- You have a desire to help brands set themselves apart in unique, cost effective ways at crowded events.
- You care about getting to know and getting in touch with your target audience, so that events are targeted.
- You are data driven and like to measure the impact and outcome of your work.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
- A small, venture funded start-up with hundreds of customers working out of a office in SoMA.
- A kind, curious, tightknit bunch. They eat together & toast our shared accomplishments together.
- They’re onboarding rapidly! The team grew from 20 to 69 in 2016, and will grow to 140 and beyond in 2017.
- They believe strongly in a data driven approach to all that they do. They're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.