Director of eCommerce & Digital Marketing- Beauty
Salary $130000 - $150000 per year + Stock +OTE
Location New York
Consultant Adam Woolley
Date posted June 29, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A new position has just arisen with a beauty company who, through consistent development of innovative products, are looking to improve how their customers buy and use makeup and beauty products. A small, close knit team, they have realized huge growth via their eCommerce website and retail partners alike. Following this growth the founders are seeking a Director of eCommerce and Digital Marketing to join the New York Hub of this passionate and innovative group. As Director you will be responsible for setting overall strategy to drive qualified traffic, and ultimately sales, through their eCommerce website. As part of this strategy you will oversee Paid Media (Social & SEO), Mobile, and email channels as well as site optimization. The successful applicant should have prior Digital Marketing & eCommerce experience in the Beauty/ Cosmetics industry and the ability to gel with a number of different teams in this entrepreneurial business. You will be equally comfortable working at a strategic & operational level whilst effectively managing agency relationships.
- Oversee strategy and operation of digital marketing programs, website and social presence as well as eCommerce channels
- Through effective analysis of a number of initiatives, become the go to digital resource to optimize customer engagement
- Own the reporting of all digital channels through dashboard development and regular analysis. Utilize data to make strategic business recommendations.
- Work in partnership with Design and Development teams to deliver tailored web experience, thereby optimizing traffic, increasing conversion rates and ensuring accuracy of customer data capture
- Design and implement new customer loyalty schemes including, but not limited to, referral initiatives, affiliate marketing program, loyalty rewards, subscription programs etc.
- Constantly seek to innovate and be at the front of the market for new ideas to grow online business and engage with customers
- Manage digital agencies relationships to deliver campaigns on time and in budget with the best possible impact
- Grow team capabilities and equip all staff with the necessary skills to continue business growth
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) essential. MBA or higher education beneficial
- Minimum of 7+ years direct experience in Digital Marketing and eCommerce.
- Experience in beauty or cosmetic products essential
- Embraces the start-up environment and promotes creativity and innovation
- Strong analytical skillset with the commercial outlook to turn data in strategic business plans
- Energetic team worker who applies a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude to completing tasks
- People management skills preferred, however not essential
- Problem solver who can lead initiatives and organize effectively
- Must demonstrate the ability to pull together teams and implement coherent multi-channel strategies
If you are interested in finding out more about this Director of Marketing & eCommerce role please apply today.