Salary Competitive Salary
Location San Francisco
Consultant Zack Grimmer
Date posted May 19, 2017
We are working with an innovative learning & development company, and they are looking for a goal oriented individual to fill their Public Relations role.
- Create & own media relations strategy, targeting top tier industry and business press outlets.
- Pitch & secure placements in publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Inc Magazine. Bonus: familiarity with industry influencers and HR trade publications
- Own and regularly update yearly PR calendar.
- Work with social & content marketing team members to deliver a consistent story about the company across various mediums and help drive traffic to our content through syndication, outreach, and by pitching content.
- Work with the marketing team to effectively publicize events (in person and online).
- Take ownership of putting together and executing publicity events.
- Identify, evaluate, & recommend partnership and sponsorship opportunities, strategic collaborations, speaking opportunities – including charitable giving and contributions.
- Oversee inbound analyst briefings/inquiries and media inquiries
- Write bylined articles, press releases, and keynote presentations.
- Monitor, analyze, & and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis.
- Five to seven years of experience & proven working experience in public relations field
- Proven track record developing and executing successful public relations campaigns
- Strong relationships with national business and industry media outlets
- Comfortable acting as a company spokesperson
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience with the development & learning industry is not required but is a very nice to have.
- Experience planning events is a bonus