Public Relations Director
Location San Francisco
Consultant Julia Horiuchi
Date posted July 18, 2017
This start-up is a mobile-based platform that brings personalized professional leadership development to employees at all levels. They build development into employees every day lives, in smaller more palatable content and direct one on one coaching. The company has grown to 50 employees, raised their first round of funding last year, and have enterprise customers already.
- Create & own media relations strategy
- Pitch & secure placements in publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Inc Magazine.
- Own and regularly update yearly PR calendar.
- Work with social & content marketing team to present a consistent story about the company across various outlets
- Work with the marketing team to effectively publicize events (in person and online).
- Take ownership of putting together and executing publicity events.
- Oversee inbound analyst and media inquiries
- Write articles, press releases, and keynote presentations.
- Monitor & and present PR results on a quarterly basis.
- Five to seven years of experience & proven working experience in public relations field
- Proven track record developing and executing successful public relations campaigns
- Strong relationships with national business and industry media outlets
- Comfortable acting as a company spokesperson
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience with the development & learning industry is not required but is a very nice to have.
- Experience planning events is a bonus