AVP Communications Manager
Location New York
Consultant Lindsey Squillante
Date posted June 4, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Communications AVP Manager with a prestigious investment bank.
About the role:
Using insight from internal and external measurement, the role holder acts as a local representative of the Global Communications function, providing communications advice and execution for the Lines of Business (LoBs) and Functions in the US in support for the company's strategy, purpose and values.
Responsibilities encompass the full spectrum of communications activities managed by the Global Communications function, including: building and protecting the company's reputation, using insight to drive discussions and communications planning, and creating engaging content.
Building, protecting and promoting our reputation:
- Creates and builds relationships with external stakeholders that will take an interest in, and want to talk about the company, whether positively or negatively (e.g. media, trade bodies).
- Utilises media relationships to deliver coverage for relevant Global campaigns and positioning for the Global Businesses and Functions that reinforces from the company's leadership on priority global themes.
- Identifies opportunities for cross-border and cross-business media activity in support of key trade/business corridors or collaboration efforts.
- Responds quickly to a crisis, escalating appropriately and advising the business on reputation risk, calmly guiding them through what they should and should not communicate.
- Uses media measurement to inform and guide media activity.
- Delivers global employee campaigns locally ensuring the messages match the company's values and resonate appropriately with the relevant audiences, adjusting them accordingly for country audience.
- Strict adherence to the global Media Relations Governance Policy.
Using insight to drive discussions and communications planning:
- Collates existing insight from the compnay's internal measurement (Snapshot, Exchange) to inform decision making and prioritise communication activity.
- Identifies themes and issues from multiple sources and pulls it together into a concise and insightful summary.
- Utilises research and develop insights to provide communications counsel and help inform Country ExCo debate, decision-making and strategy.
Creating engaging content:
- Identifies stories, pictures or metaphors that will help bring information and data to life in a way that will resonate with the audience, ensuring alignment to Global Business/Function strategy and priorities.
- Understands the benefits and drawbacks of different communications channels and identifies and selects which to use and when.
- Ensures content and messages are regularly updated in order that they remain valid.