Director of Marketing
Salary competitive package
Location San Francisco
Consultant Abbey Johnson
Date posted September 30, 2016
Do you have a deep understanding of the mobile adtech and/or mobile app space? This San Francisco based start up is looking for a Director of of Marketing to oversee all outbound marketing efforts including PR, events, social, collateral, and more.
This start up has strong funding backed by leading Silicon Valley VCs and led by successful entrepreneurs whose former company was sold to Facebook. This Director of Marketing will be working alongside the VP of Marketing to shape the overall marketing strategy.
- Guide their brand story and ensure that is aligned to the company vision
- Drive the overarching corporate communications strategy in positioning them as thought leader in industry
- Evangelize company both internally and externally across multiple marketing channels, including online, social, event marketing and industry publications.
- Work directly with customers to drive thought leadership content and programs including case studies and user acquisition / mobile marketing education series
- Define and manage company's events marketing strategy, including the planning and execution of produced events and thought leadership initiatives
- Alongside product, help to create sales and marketing collateral like presentations, one-sheets, website design/copy
- Oversees marketing communication and maintenance of customer database for outbound marketing initiatives
- Work with our PR agency as well as build and nurture relationships with key industry journalists and maintain ongoing dialogue with them to understand trending topics around marketing / ad-tech
- 7+ years experience with strong focus on digital, social and mobile.
- Solid understanding of the ad-tech / marketing ecosystem with previous experience working directly with mobile app developers
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Team-oriented, positive and collaborative can-do attitude
- Established relationships with key trade / industry publications and journalists
- Start-up experience highly preferred
- Experience working with integrated CRMs and marketing automation tools
- Creative problem solver and proactive about identify opportunities for market leadership