Director of Product Marketing
Location San Francisco
Consultant Julia Horiuchi
Date posted July 18, 2017
We’re helping an IoT start-up hire their first Director of Product Marketing in San Francisco. Ihis company is already in the hands of hundreds of thousands of consumers and is backed by Bessemer and Cowboy ventures. This is a critical role and requires an experienced leader who can hire and develop a talented team, manage external agencies and develop a cross-functional product marketing strategy with other leaders across the organization.
- Develop strategy and lead implementation of integrated marketing campaigns across Paid media, partner marketing, PR, social media, and email.
- Develop & test the segmentation, value proposition, user benefits, product positioning, and pricing for product introductions and product releases.
- Ensure on-brand storytelling and copywriting for a premium, consumer product across all marketing & social media collateral.
- Partner with communications, media, customer support, product, engineering, and operational leaders to build the consumer product narrative in a coordinated way.
- Manage internal and external resources, including designers and creative, digital ,and advertising agencies.
- 10+ years of marketing experience in consumer products, 3+ managing a team
- Deep understanding of consumer technology as well as premium products for homes/lifestyle
- Outstanding written and verbal marketing communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and prior experience with research and segmentation
- Experience working with sales, product management, operational, and engineering organizations
- Passion for working at a startup, hiring and developing marketing talent
- Passion for consumer connected home or IoT products and storytelling to existing and new customers
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred