Tech and finance sectors will grow
In order to capture top talent in the New York area, hiring managers should accelerate the hiring process and businesses should prepare to meet higher salary expectations in 2014, according to Robert Walters Global Salary Survey released today.
The overall outlook for the US recruitment market is positive with key sectors such as technology, consumer products and the regulatory and risk sections of banking outperforming in 2014. US labor markets expect to see salary increases of 2-5% during the year.
2013 New York key findings:
- Increased accounting roles within media and startup organizations
- Many firms outsourced finance functions to cut costs
- Pockets of increased hiring seen within operational risk and control disciplines
- Government regulations (i.e. Basel 2.5/3 and Dodd-Frank) increased demand for compliance officers
- Steady demand seen for attorneys with broad commercial as well as corporate backgrounds
- Analytically driven sales and marketing professionals needed in the digital industry
Download the 2014 Salary Survey today. Request a free copy, download the US version, or download the new app for Apple or Android devices.
For more information or to view the full report please contact:
Kurt Kraeger, Managing Director (New York)
Tel: + 1 212 704 9900
Laura Johnson, Marketing Executive
Tel: + 1 212 704 9900
Robert Walters is one of the leading international recruitment consultancies, with a global network of offices spanning 24 countries, including the United Kingdom, Ireland, Continental Europe, the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, South Africa and South America.
About the Robert Walters Global Salary Survey
Now in its 15th year, the Robert Walters Global Salary Survey provides an in-depth analysis of salaries earned around the world by both permanent and contract workers across a wide range of sectors: accounting & finance, banking & financial services, energy, legal & compliance, luxury retail, risk management & quantitative analytics, and sales & marketing. It also provides an insight into recruitment trends in these areas.