Location Palo Alto
Consultant Stephanie Pal
Date posted May 1, 2017
We have joined a leading Internet company to help find the perfect person to fill the role as a Data Scientist.
- Advance the company's search experience
- Build learned models to drive features on the company website
- Improve A/B testing strategy to account for the fact that treatment and control buckets interact with each other
- Image classification and understanding. Use image features across models.
- Masters or Ph.D. in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Physics, Computer Science,) or equal work experience
- At least two years of experience working with data models
- Versed understanding of statistics
- Experience with Scala, Python, R, Java, Map Reduce, AWS, Spark, etc
- Strong desire to create data products that effectively impact the user experience
- Self-motivated, independent, resourceful and a fast learner
- Knowledge of image understanding
- Experience building recommendation channels in production
- Has experience with resolving imprecise problems with data.
- The person should also exhibit the following:
- Be confident in formazing the problem that s/he is solving.
- Be confident in gathering data and cleaning/preparing it.
- Range of knowledge on the models that s/he could use to resolve the problem at hand. Know which model s/he would like to use and why.
- Know how to asses the model(s).
- Capability to promptly iterate across multiple model(s).