Principal Data Scientist
Salary $130000 - $160000 per year + Benefits
Location New York
Consultant Ben Rodgers
Date posted June 30, 2017
A Global leader in the Healthcare Insurance industry is rapidly expanding their Data Science practice and is actively seeking a number of Principal Data Scientists to join their organization across a number of locations including New York City, Hartford, CT and Wellesley, MA. The Principal Data Scientists will play a pivotal role in the creation and deployment of information products and will be key for the company’s progression.
A number of Principal Data Scientist positions have become available at an Industry leading Healthcare Insurance provider based in a number of locations including New York City, Hartford, CT and Wellesley, MA. The roles available will help shape the organization as they enhance their customer experience across the US whilst offering fantastic career progression.
About the Principal Data Scientist:
In these business critical and unique positions, the Principal Data Scientist will have the opportunity to develop new approaches that leverage the latest Big Data technologies. The Principal Data Scientist will provide strategic leadership and governance for the development, validation and delivery of statistical models and reporting tools. Acting as the Analytic team lead you will be responsible for large and complex projects whilst providing mentoring for more junior members of the Analytics team.
- Leads development and execution of new and/or highly complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate potential future outcomes.
- Establishes analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses. Methods will be implemented in Hadoop and R using advanced technologies.
- Manage highly complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation & testing. Applies in-depth knowledge of systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across organization/enterprise
- Motivates team members and probes into technical details, and mentors others to do the same.
- Provides thought leadership and direction for analytic solutions, tools and studies.
- Anticipates and solves strategic and high risk business problems with broad impact on the business area by applying leading-edge theories and techniques to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
- Provides guidance to develop enterprise-wide analytics strategy and roadmap.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information/solutions related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/ business solutions.
- You will have between 8-12 years’ experience in a related field
- We require any applicant to have a deep understanding of advanced analytical tools and languages as well as the ability to analyze large data sets from a variety of sources.
- Strong experience using big data tools, specifically Python, R, Hadoop and Tableau
- Experience in programming languages such as SAS or SQL.
- Leadership experience either having direct reports or mentoring experience
- A Masters Degree or Ph.D (preferred)
The Healthcare Insurance company is one of the most recognized in the industry and is expanding in the US market. Traditionally, one of the oldest Healthcare Insurance firms in the US, they are looking to make significant improvements in their consumer practice leading to the creation of these roles. They have a demanding yet rewarding culture and each staff member is encouraged to push themselves professionally with the company providing tools for personal development and career progression.
If you have the experience as above and are wanting to progress your career as a Principal Data Scientist, this could be the role for you. Please apply on the link or reach out to me directly!