Director of Data Science
Location San Francisco
Consultant Anna Meyer
Date posted July 18, 2017
We are working with an innovative company in the education space, and they are looking for a Director of Data Science. This creative and passionate individual will play a key role in owning the company's data science modeling infrastructure.
- Own data science roadmap and oversee major initiatives around modeling for various areas.
- Own the company's data science modeling infrastructure and define model building with the Data engineering team
- Manage a team of at least 5. Set goals for each team member & mentor them
- Recruit, hire, and retain a team
- Grow and guide leaders within the engineering organization.
- Create a friendly, fun, and collaborative team environment
- Collaborate with internal and external recruiters to attract superior candidates.
- Participate in external data science events to promote the company's engineering brand. Be comfortable giving tech talks / organizing data scientist panels.
- PhD or equivalent experience in computer science / a quantitative field.
- At least 10 years of industry experience, high traffic consumer internet services preferred
- At least 5 years demonstrated leadership experience: coaching, hiring, developing and engaging data scientists / engineers
- Excellent understanding of statistics, natural language processing, and machine learning
- Familiar with engineering implementation and coding
Get in touch