Senior Analytics Consultant
Salary $70000 - $84000 per year + Benefits
Consultant Ben Rodgers
Date posted June 26, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
As a Senior Analytic Consultant, you will be responsible for designing and executing analyses to support the enterprise risk-adjustment program, as well as other programs that impact and support the broader risk-adjustment area. The Senior Analytics Consultant will establish, build and maintain relationships with internal business partners in order to decipher business needs, translate those needs into requirements, and develop the analytic scripts and processes to support the final analysis. This position reports into the Analytics department.
If you were to be in this role, the primary responsibility of the Senior Analytics Consultant would be to conduct analyses that support the accurate and precise coding of health diagnostic information that supports the broader organization’s efforts in delivering the highest quality of care for client’s beneficiaries. Tactically speaking, this means performing the work outlined in the SOW, and collaborating with stakeholders to orchestrate the various steps of the analyses and data processing. More broadly, to do this, you would need to understand mutual goals and value based contracts, assemble disparate data and perform analyses to quantify baseline performance, identify opportunities and the root causes for them, and collaborate with the client and operations staff to achieve end goals.
More specifically, your job would be to:
- Interpret and apply common risk-adjustment, using health care data to inform business and health care decisions for clients.
- Understand the client’s business goals well-enough to ensure the SOW will meet their needs
- Lead the discovery of the client’s EMR/EHR and/or claims data environment so we can efficiently and effectively navigate and do the analyses
- Lead the analytical-interrogation of their EMR/EHR and/or claims data to perform data quality checks
- Partner with internal business stakeholders as well as Analytic team members to perform the analyses and visualizations
- Communicate results/findings with the business stakeholders and/or clients, and identify implications and recommend actions
- In this role, you would also have responsibility to take on new challenges and contribute to the roadmap for risk-adjustment analytics
Other duties, as assigned
- Experience in healthcare data analysis (e.g., EMR/EHR, claims, eligibility, CMS LDS)
- Expert utilization of analytical tools, especially SQL, but could also come from platforms such as SAS, SPSS, Python, R, etc.
- Experience applying healthcare data to industry-standard metrics, such as HEDIS, CMS quality measures, or a similar state-based (Medicaid) program
- Master’s or equivalent level education is preferred (but not required), with preference in related subject areas, such as health services or mathematics