VP of Product Design
Location San Francisco
Consultant Eric Soni
Date posted September 7, 2016
We are partnering with one of the most exciting companies in the software space and they are looking for a VP of Product Design.
This position reports to the Chief Product and Design Officer.
- Build a culture of design excellence with clear design direction.
- Partner with product leaders and teammates to define the product vision and roadmap.
- Set clear priorities, product ownership, and manage schedules for design team.
- Effectively communicate design concepts, solutions, and needs to executive leadership.
- Partner and collaborate with Marketing Creatives team
- Foster clear communication channels for designers to get feedback from users, crossfunctional teams, leadership and relay progress back out to project stakeholders.
- Scale the design team by building an effective process
- Create opportunities for design team members to grow and expand their skills
- Eight plus years of experience building great products and leading teams of at least 5 people.
- Experience leading a multidisciplinary design team
- Hired, mentored, and coached designers at varying levels.
- Have a track record of designing compelling, and ultimately, successful consumerfacing products with a large, engaged audience.
- Experience thriving in a fastpaced, agile, iterative workplace and you are deeply allergic to anything resembling a “waterfall” in the product design process.
- Experience building products across all mediums and interfaces.
- Passionate with details and the craft of design
- Exceptional communication skills, whether written, oral, or visual.