VP of Product
Salary $180000 - $230000 per year + Bonus + Stock
Location New York
Consultant Edward Hooper
Date posted September 1, 2016
A global organization is seeking a VP of Product for a state of the art custom built platform to deliver ground breaking solutions. They are seeking a creative evangelist to oversee the Product Strategy vision.
The VP of product will be responsible for building a revolutionary new suite of products and will facilitate the execution of the product roadmap. This organization is seeking a creative and innovative leader that will inspire a high performing team and its leaders.
- Create and own the product vision and strategic direction for one or more key areas of the business.
- Translate the product vision into articulated designs, requirements, and user stories that are actionable by engineers on your teams.
- Communicate the product strategic and tactical direction to the organization
- Partner with the Principal Architects to guide the engineering teams and recommend solutions to build the product.
- Own the backlog and prioritize development efforts of one or more engineering teams dedicated to fulfilling the product vision you have articulated.
- Collaborate with other members of leadership to develop the platform, the program, and the team.
- 8+ years experience in software delivery, including a mixture of product owner
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies, i.e. scrum
- Experience managing complex software projects in tight collaboration with engineers and operations
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Excellent ability to prioritize requirements, come up with creative solutions, and make product trade-offs
- Relentless focus on the user and the customer
- Bias toward data-driven decision making
- A record of successful product launches in coordination with stakeholders across functions
- A knack for explaining complex concepts in simple ways
- Pro-activity, ownership, and pride in your craft
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal oversight
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Engineering
Are you motivated, ambitious and passionate, and a leader who enjoys working in a flexible and somewhat laid back environment? Based in a central Manhattan location, this organization offers great benefits and the opportunity to work in a creative environment with a culture similar to a start-up but with the stability of a larger business. You will enjoy summer hours, as well as healthcare and commuter benefits to name a few.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Ed Hooper at Robert Walters on +1 212 704 9900.