Sr. Product Manager, Infrastructure
Location San Francisco
Consultant Kirby Ruiz
Date posted November 7, 2016
We are working with one of the most exciting start-ups in the mobile space and they are looking for a Senior Product Manager, Infrastructure.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Engineering and Operations teams to prioritize product infrastructure needs and translate into an executable product roadmap; continuously revisit and revise roadmap to support changing business needs and product priorities
- Collaborate with other product managers to define, coordinate and execute across various product infrastructure initiatives
- Communicate and coordinate with key stakeholders to ensure that product infrastructure initiatives are understood, support broader Smule business objectives and receive the appropriate resources from other teams to execute successfully
- Specific initiatives
- Network Quality – Work with engineering and operations teams to optimize and speed up network response times for users globally
- Audio / Video Quality – Work with Smule’s audio/video research team to optimizes users’ audio and video experience on the platform
- Customer Identify / Registration – Identify opportunities and execute product initiatives to improve the Smule user registration experience; upgrade Smule’s customer identity management systems and protocols
- Security – Research and identify vulnerabilities to spammers and hackers in Smule’s platform and execute a plan to eliminate the security risks; ensure Smule’s security procedures and standards are state-of-the-art
- Ensure product infrastructure initiatives have proper sponsorship across the company, are properly resourced by engineering and other teams and are acknowledged as strategic to Smule’s long-term success
- 5+ years of experience building scalable and reliable product infrastructure that supports company business growth, minimizes risk and sustains a great experience for users
- Proven track record of working collaboratively across the company to understand business objectives, user experience needs, financial considerations, operational challenges and other inputs to define product infrastructure priorities and execute them over a sustained period of time (e.g., greater than two years)
- Proven ability to lead cross functionally and influence stakeholders in design, engineering and operations.
- Strong quantitative orientation; uses data and metrics to make sound product decisions; experience defining and directing product initiatives based upon quantitative info and qualitative feedback.
- Possesses a ‘user first’ attitude, demonstrate passionate commitment for the customer and product quality.
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with business and technical people.
- Experience building infrastructure for social networks or mobile applications highly desired.
- Previous technical experience required either as a developer or undergraduate technical degree.