VP of Product
Location San Francisco
Consultant Eric Soni
Date posted April 12, 2017
We’ve partnered with an exciting start-up that is looking to revolutionize the mobile internet space by helping them find a VP of Product.
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of Product Managers, directors, and related personnel.
- Interviewing, hiring and training of employees.
- Planning, assigning and directing workloads.
- Appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Product lifecycle management from concept to phasing out of the product(s) across all products/product lines.
- Lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy and vision in line with the businesses long-term goals.
- Assess product development and enhancement opportunities.
- Oversee competitive research and technology assessments.
- Evaluate and establish program priorities in line with the business objectives.
- Own the product roadmap.
- Accountable for quality of teams, product, human and business performance.
- Develop budgets, forecasts, metrics and measures. Monitor and evaluate the results.
- Responsible for ensuring effective cross-functional collaboration.
- Lead Product Marketing Managers to assess product mix; evaluate market share; conduct competitive analysis; and identify new products.
- Oversee and drive the establishment of strategic marketing plans for each product or product lines.
- Define pricing and competitive positioning.
- Influence business and industry practices by driving innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action.
- Be passionate about satisfying customers by building world-class teams and processes.
- Key evangelist serving as public face of product with; the press; market analysts; strategic partners; and other industry leaders.
- Take part fully in a range of industry events including: conventions, panels, forums. Submit and present white papers to establish the businesses leadership in the marketplace.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.