Senior Project Manager
Salary $110,000 - $120,000 per year + Equity
Location New York, NY, USA
Consultant Neil Wittensleger
JobRef 125862/0012019-11-13 2020-01-12 real-estate-and-property permanent US New York New York 7 Times Square Tower 10036 USD 110000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Senior Project Manager is critical to ensuring the success of the current company website but more importantly any and all additional features. This is a role that carefully balances short term delivery outcomes and long-term capability building. Reporting directly into the CTO this is a great opportunity to manage a team at a leading tech firm that is rapidly growing.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Work as part of a team(s) to deliver value for internal stakeholders whilst also guiding the team(s) to increase their understanding and practice of Agile/Lean delivery.
- Attend all project meetings, taking notes on all updates and deliverables then ensure each is being monitored and reported on.
- Build and maintain key relationships across the Engineers and Product Management groups.
- Lead discovery either as part of project inceptions or ad hoc as required by the VP of Engineering.
- Work with team(s) to continuously maintain clear priorities and manage towards client success.
- Facilitate the creation of, and delivery against, release plans, or other key time-lines.
- Work together with internal stakeholders and team members to ensure the ongoing relationship is being managed at all appropriate levels.
- Manage, mentor and scale a team of Project Managers.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Experience in a similar role with proven management experience a must have.
- Have an understanding of and experience with a variety of Agile approaches, including Extreme Programming and or Scrum.
- Confident raising issues and have a passion for inspiring change and continuous improvement
- Comfortable with and can help guide others to deal with situations of conflict, ambiguity, and uncertainty.
- Excel when facilitating teams and clients towards rapidly delivering high impact, high-quality web features in a sustainable fashion.
- Able to adapt your approach and communication style to fit varying contexts and situational needs.
- Care about learning new things and improving upon existing challenges.
- Have an understanding of communication, group dynamics, and are able to help teams develop trust and safety.