Learning & Development Director- Pharmaceuticals
Consultant Adam Woolley
Date posted June 9, 2017
A new position as a Director of Learning & Development has just arisen within an innovative Biotech company based in the San Francisco Bay area. Working closely with multiple internal functions such as Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Operations and Analytics; this position will ensure the field team and surrounding functions are adequately equipped to drive positive sales and account development. With a number of products in development, in addition to established marketplace brands, this role is essential in the continued success of the wider business and will have high visibility.
In this business critical Director position you will be responsible for the development of strategic training programs to ensure the capabilities of the field sales and marketing team in a rapidly changing customer environment. Suitable for a team oriented individual with a strong understanding of the wider pharmaceutical landscape, this position will afford an autonomous working environment and creative direction.
- Lead the design, development, and delivery of training modules for new field personnel.
- Collaborate with management to identify training needs and upskilling opportunities for all sales force members. Develop tailored programs to address these opportunities.
- Monitor delivery, uptake and outputs of the training programs, ensuring learnings are fed back into further programs and sessions.
- Facilitate the learning process via through multiple channels (regional meetings, e portals, conference calls, in person sessions and written communication) to ensure continued competencies in the areas of product knowledge, compliance, sales presentation skills, customer service.
- Work with Managerial team to ensure the smooth transition of new hires to contributing members. Plan timely follow ups in the training schedule that will address skill or knowledge gaps and appropriately address these.
- Participate in training module development, inclusive of therapy specific modules, and workshop development.
- Demonstrate flexibility by filling in for absent team members and conducting f2f training sessions if necessary.
- Engage with and manage third party vendor relationships to ensure the production of high quality outsourced materials
- 5+ years of relevant experience in training, learning & development or commercial roles
- Direct experience in training and/ or sales environments is beneficial, however not compulsory
- Strong communicator with a strategic thought process and ability to work in a matrixed team environment.
- Proven ability to engage and work with multiple stakeholders across business units
- Exceptional business acumen and flair for creative problem solving
- BA or higher education beneficial
- Ability to accommodate business travel where necessary
- Computer literacy in common office packages expected
If you are interested in finding out more about this Learning & Development Director role please apply today.