Assistant Property Manager - Business Analyst
Salary $100000 - $120000 per year + Bonus
Location New York
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted June 15, 2017
My Client, a prestigious, global Real Estate Investment and Capital Management company, is looking to hire a Property Manager in a role focused around the analysis and improvement of vendor relationships,
The role requires someone with a strong background in Property management, specifically with experience of student housing. The successful applicant will be working with the Asset Managers on all aspects of property management and development. This is a great opportunity for someone with a successful track record in Student Property management and an analytical mindset to continue their career in a great firm and a role that allows them broad exposure across all aspects of property management and vendor management/assessment.
Key responsibilities include
- Undertaking initiatives for improvements and enhancements to existing assets
- Manage and oversee the performance of service providers, constantly suggesting potential changes/ improvements to benefit the business in terms of the structure of relationships with service providers
- Supervise arrears management process
- Controlling operating expenses whilst identifying and planning improvement works
- Conceptualize development design requirements and formulate design briefs to ensure that these are aligned with the company’s development strategy
- \Manage the design consultants and liaise with all relevant authorities for approval projects.
- Manage tender and award processes
- Manage construction and contract administration
- You will be the single point of accountability for the management of the development process from inception through to completion
- You will also be required to ensure the completions of projects are within budget, schedule and expected quality and comply with the regulatory requirements and corporate governance
- Assist the asset manager in preparing and managing our annual budgets and reports which cover the financial performance of the asset, leasing status, and rental collection, recommend divestment opportunities and manage the sale process as well as assist in the underwriting of new investment opportunities
Required background and Skills
- Strong academic background with a degree education ideally in Building or Engineering
- 5 years minimum experience in relevant redevelopment or project management experience (ideally with experience in student accommodation)
- Ability to work independently
- Analytical mind-set to allow for critical assessment of Vendors.
- Cultural sensitivity, endurance and adaptability and demonstrate excellent leadership to drive projects
- Inquisitive mindset- constantly challenging the status quo and value engineering the optimum solution to all aspects of development
- Ability to encourage the creation of solutions appropriate to the needs of business units, shareholders and environment.