Director, Product Development & New Business
Salary $150000 - $200000 per year + bonus
Location New York
Consultant Adam Woolley
Date posted July 10, 2017
In this business critical Product Development & New Business position you will be responsible for partnering closely with new & existing client organizations to improve business offerings and increase overall profitability. This role is suitable for a creative individual with the drive to adapt to new ways of working in the apparel industry and creativity to provide innovative solutions. Experience in business development and an excellent understanding of retail/ apparel industries is essential.
- Partner closely with new and existing clients to develop an understanding of their business needs and subsequently offer tailored solutions.
- Become the go to resource for industry trends, informing and educating clients on untapped market opportunities.
- Promote new ways of working to adapt to new challenges within the apparel industry
- Seamlessly manage product development process, ensuring all global stakeholders are informed of new strategy and in market specifics.
- Proactively promote partnership opportunities to clients, utilizing in market and subject matter experts to deliver value to all parties.
- Provide clear direction, delivery timescales and expectations to merchandising and sourcing teams throughout.
- Oversee budgets and project delivery in a timely and consistent manner
- Experience in business development and product merchandising/ marketing of retail goods in the US market essential
- Direct apparel and retail experience essential
- Demonstrable ability to develop client relationships and act as a trusted advisor on key strategic decisions
- Strong communicator capable of relaying complex and technical tasks in a concise and actionable format
- Prior relationships with key US retail clients in the apparel sector beneficial
- Insights into wider supply chain and product sourcing beneficial
- Driven, creative, resourceful and capable of working both autonomously and in a matrixed environment
If you are interested in finding out more about this Product Development & New Business role please apply with an up to date resume today.