Director of Account Management
Salary $130000 - $150000 per year + 20% bonus
Location New York
Consultant Alyssa Montalto
Date posted July 10, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Title: Director, Account Management Reports into: Chief Commercial Officer A new position has just arisen with one of the leading healthcare companies who, through their technology-enabled and clinically proven platform, are providing structured programs to improve behavioral health and medical outcomes while lowering overall spending. With a small and close knit team, the company has realized huge growth and so the executive leadership team is now seeking a Director of Account Management who will be responsible for driving revenue growth, retention and satisfaction within an assigned book of business. As the Director, reporting directly into the Chief Commercial Officer, you will serve as an advisor to clients, deepening that relationship to understand their objectives and goals to identify possible areas for growth and business opportunities. You will be responsible for shepherding projects in such a way as to promote and support the success and profitability of the relationship. The successful applicant will have account management experience serving health plans or health organizations and proven knowledge of the healthcare industry.
- Serve as the primary strategic owner of Health Plan client accounts. Lead strategic alignment between the company and its clients to grow revenue for the assigned book of business.
- Develop annual account plans for owned accounts, focused on meeting client objectives, satisfying client needs and growing client business.
- Identify and prioritize mutually beneficial opportunities to increase account revenue. Opportunities include: expanding current programs to reach new populations – e.g., ACO and Medicare Advantage; increasing engagement with, and enrollment of currently targeted populations; and suggesting and developing new product/pricing configurations, in collaboration with and approved by the Finance team.
- Increase the company’s awareness and relevance with C-Level, EVP and SVP leaders by identifying, developing and deploying mutually beneficial opportunities to raise the account partnership through peer-reviewed studies, press opportunities, industry and client events, training etc.
- Define and execute an ongoing communication, training and value-added marketing program delivered via regular client business reviews, presentations and events. Develop strong relationships to serve as a trusted consultant who will seamlessly increase visibility of the company’s value proposition and optimize the use and awareness of the company’s services.
- Oversee management of the accounts’ daily requirements with a Client Account Manager and other internal teams to ensure timely and effective delivery of services to clients.
- Serve as an internal advocate for client accounts in partnership with the Client Development, Marketing, Sales, Clinical, Operations and Engagement Center teams to define and refine appropriate services, messaging, workflows and reporting for the client.
- Bachelor degree in a business-related field. MBA, or other relevant Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 to 10 years account management experience serving health plans or health organizations.
- Must have proven knowledge of the healthcare industry, specifically the business models and organization of health plans.
- Must have proven experience in account management and client services.
- Must be able to develop relationships, including defining relationship strategy and follow-up.
- Sales experience with a proven track record is a desired plus.
- Must be able to work in a high performance team environment including working across the matrix to get work done.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
- Personal ownership of assignments and responsibilities
- Ability to plan, execute, check results and improve on a continuing basis
- Resilience and grit to ensure task completion even in the face of adversity
- Discipline and organization to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Great team playing skills
- High levels of energy and positive ambition
- A healthy balance of curiosity, humility and assertiveness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional attitude and demeanor